Having Bank Islam internet banking is certainly helpful for the banking transaction process such as sending, receiving, checking balances and printing bank statements.
To have the service, you must register first. Various conditions are required when you want to register, the conditions you must bring are an ATM/Debit Card and an active phone number.
After using internet banking services for a long time, an accident can happen such as a lost mobile phone, or an expired phone number.
What happens is of course You cannot use Bank Islam’s banking services, because every transaction you make requires an OTP/TAC code.
How to Change Islamic Bank Phone Number
How do I change my phone number for TAC on SMS at Bank Islam? Make sure the question is implicit in your mind.
How to change the Islamic Bank phone number is easy, there are several steps you must take.
A. Updating the Islamic Bank Telephone Number at the ATM
Please go to the nearest ATM and bring your ATM card and new phone number.
- Enter your ATM card and PIN.
- Select the menu Online Banking or Internet banking.
- Enter your new phone number.
- Take the outgoing receipt.
If the Bank Islam phone number change is successful, the activation of the new number is immediate.
But there are some cases that cause the phone number to fail to be changed at the ATM.
When that happens, please go to the nearest bank branch and ask an Islamic Bank officer for help
B. Updating the Islamic Bank Online Phone Number
- Open the page IB Islamic Bank
- Enter User ID and Password.
- Select the menu Settings.
- Select the menu Mobile Number Maintenance.
- Enter your new phone number. click Submit.
- On the part Verification please read and check the new phone number you have entered. Click Confirm.
- Congratulations, you have successfully updated the Bank Islam phone number.
C. Updating the Islamic Bank Telephone Number at the Branch
Changing a phone number at a Bank Islam branch is a simple process. Follow these steps:
- You do not need to go to the original branch of your account. The branch of any Islamic Bank is also allowed.
- Make sure you bring an identity document such as an identity card or passport for verification purposes.
- When you arrive at the branch, meet the officer at the customer counter and tell him that you want to change your phone number.
- The bank officer will give you an information update form. Fill out the form correctly and make sure you write the new phone number carefully.
- After filling out the form, submit the form to the bank officer along with your identification documents. The bank officer will check and verify your information.
- The bank officer will check your information. Usually, this process does not take long. Wait for the bank officer to confirm that your phone number has been updated in the system.
Why Not Receive TAC/IAC/OTP Bank Islam
If you have updated your phone number in Bank Islam but cannot get a TAC code for transactions in online banking, there are several possible reasons. Here are the reasons:
- After you update your phone number, the bank system may need some time to update your information in their system. So, try to wait for a while and try again after a few hours or on the next day.
- Make sure the phone number you entered during the update is correct. If the phone number is wrong, you will not get the TAC code because the bank will not be able to send the code to the wrong number.
- Sometimes, there are technical issues in the bank’s system that can cause TAC code transmission problems. Try checking with the customer service or the official Bank Islam website to see if there are any technical issues.
- Make sure that you can still receive SMS messages. Sometimes, problems with the telco service provider can cause problems with receiving SMS messages.
- Make sure your bank account is active.
- If you have tried all the steps above but still do not get the TAC code, the best thing is to contact Bank Islam customer service. They can help you solve the problem.
I have changed my phone number, but Online Islamic Bank still registers with the old number
If you have changed your phone number at a Bank Islam branch but your online banking is still recorded with the old number, there are several steps you can take:
- Contact Bank Islam Customer Service: Please contact Bank Islam customer service at +603 26 900 900. They can provide guidance and assistance to resolve this issue.
- Report Problems on Social Media: If you want a quick response, try also sending a message on Bank Islam Facebook. Usually, banks will respond to inquiries through their social media platforms quickly.
- Set up Account Information: Make sure you provide your account information such as account number, identification card number, and new phone number. This will help customer service identify your account more quickly.
- Follow the Instructions from Customer Service: After contacting customer service, follow the instructions provided. They may ask you to provide proof of updated phone number.
- Review Online Banking Information: After your problem is resolved, make sure your online banking information has been updated with the new phone number. Try logging in again and make sure everything is working fine.
By contacting customer service or sending a message on social media, you should be able to get the help and guidance you need to resolve this issue.
Remember that account security in online banking is important, so make sure all information is accurate before making any online transactions
That’s how to change the old Islamic Bank phone number with the new one, hopefully the information can be useful for you.